The Dental Implant Clinic is open, in compliance with national guidelines. On 7th January 2021 the Chief dental Officer, Sara Hurley, wrote to all Dental Practitioners confirming that they are front line health professionals. This means that our practice will stay open and fully staffed. It also means that dental professionals are also being prioritised for COVID-19 vaccination.
We are open to:
- Continue treatment we are mid-way through.
- See our patients for their maintenance appointments as this is a valuable preventative measure.
- See our patients for their hygienist appointments as this is also an extremely important preventative service.
We will also continue to see new patients who self-refer or are referred by their dentist.
COVID Operating Procedures
We employ an extensive COVID-secure operating procedures protocol. Some of the measures include:
- Wearing the recommended PPE for every procedure.
- Thoroughly and regularly cleaning clinical and communal areas.
- Allowing for surgery ‘fallow’ time between aerosol generating procedures.
- Ensuring the ventilation of all rooms of the practice.
- Activating our air filtration systems during aerosol generating procedures.
- Pre-screening all patients attending the practice.
- Daily staff screening and PPE used in all settings.
- Maintaining social distancing between staff members themselves as well as with patients.
- Protective reception screens and one way systems.
- Multiple hand sanitising stations.
- Any visitor to the practice will continue to wear a face covering until asked to remove it by the clinician.
We continue to work, with extremely robust cross infection control protocols in all that we do. Note:
- We have a car park where patients can wait safely.
- Our patient toilet facilities are open.
- Our protocols are robust and we do accept patients who are shielding.
Please watch this video to find out about the enhanced procedures we have put in place and the new guidelines you need to follow if you are visiting the Clinic. Please contact us or call us on 01225 448400 if you have any questions.
The NHS Coronavirus website can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19